Can I just say that I love finding free patterns that are well crafted? Thank you to all the people who create free patterns! You make my life easier.
1. Starfish that Crinkle by American Felt and Craft. Good for babies who are learning how to grasp, and are finally starting to be interested in things around them!
I haven't made these, but I definitely will for future babies.
2. Owl Tag Toy by Two More Minutes. Like she says, babies love tags. My baby especially loves paper tags.
I haven't made these either, but plan to for my little nieces and nephews.
3. Stuffed Turtles by Make It & Love It. These just look fun, and generally cool. Good for squishy babies to cuddle with, toddlers to throw around, and littles to play make believe with.
Definitely making these in the near future.
4. Soft Woolen Bunny by Purl Bee. This sweet little teddy bear just screams spring time, Easter egg hunts, and cute Sunday clothes to me. I'll be honest and say, I'm not sure I have the patience to attempt this one yet. But it sure is cute!
When I'm feeling bold and fearless I shall make this in the near future.
5. How Joyful Teddy Bear by How Joyful. I came across this teddy bear while I was still pregnant and thought it was too cute to pass up. I was also feeling quite bold, and so I put it together, it took me about 8 hours start to finish, but I'm sure if I made it again it would come together much more quickly. Also I would sew the head to the body before filling it with stuffing, and leave an opening in the back/butt area to stuff. My hand stitch of the cranium job is pretty terrible. Check out how to sew a head on like I just described by visiting the soft woolen bunny page. Otherwise, a fairly comprehensive and straight forward pattern!
I have made this and want to make another, mostly to prove to myself that I can do better next time.
We call him Concord, after the grapes since he is purple. And since I had intended his use to be for a newborn, I painted his eyes and nose with textile paint.
So, Happy Sewing! I hope these inspire you like they do me <3 p="">