Friday, December 19, 2014

5 Free DIY Fabric Toys That Babies Love

So I've been awake thinking about this since approximately 4 am... I thought I would share with you some patterns I have found of things I have done, plan to do, or wish I would have done before Peanut was born. I'm also working on my own Elephant Plushie pattern that I hope to make available in the next month or so :) Stay tuned for that.

Can I just say that I love finding free patterns that are well crafted? Thank you to all the people who create free patterns! You make my life easier.

Simple/Easy
1. Starfish that Crinkle by American Felt and Craft. Good for babies who are learning how to grasp, and are finally starting to be interested in things around them!


I haven't made these, but I definitely will for future babies.

2. Owl Tag Toy by Two More Minutes. Like she says, babies love tags. My baby especially loves paper tags.


I haven't made these either, but plan to for my little nieces and nephews.


Medium Difficulty
3. Stuffed Turtles by Make It & Love It. These just look fun, and generally cool. Good for squishy babies to cuddle with, toddlers to throw around, and littles to play make believe with.


Definitely making these in the near future.

Hard/Experienced
4. Soft Woolen Bunny by Purl Bee. This sweet little teddy bear just screams spring time, Easter egg hunts, and cute Sunday clothes to me. I'll be honest and say, I'm not sure I have the patience to attempt this one yet. But it sure is cute!


When I'm feeling bold and fearless I shall make this in the near future.

5. How Joyful Teddy Bear by How Joyful. I came across this teddy bear while I was still pregnant and thought it was too cute to pass up. I was also feeling quite bold, and so I put it together, it took me about 8 hours start to finish, but I'm sure if I made it again it would come together much more quickly. Also I would sew the head to the body before filling it with stuffing, and leave an opening in the back/butt area to stuff. My hand stitch of the cranium job is pretty terrible. Check out how to sew a head on like I just described by visiting the soft woolen bunny page. Otherwise, a fairly comprehensive and straight forward pattern!


I have made this and want to make another, mostly to prove to myself that I can do better next time.


We call him Concord, after the grapes since he is purple. And since I had intended his use to be for a newborn, I painted his eyes and nose with textile paint.

So, Happy Sewing! I hope these inspire you like they do me <3 p="">

--Your Llama

7 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for another excellent post. Where else could anybody get that type of info in such an ideal way of writing? In my opinion, my seeking has ended now. water filled baby teether

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous post, you have denoted out some fantastic points, I likewise think this s a very wonderful website. I will visit again for more quality contents and also, recommend this site to all. Thanks. gel boi tron sextoyuytin

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you are looking for more information about flat rate locksmith Las Vegas check that right away. Babykledij

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice to be visiting your blog again, it has been months for me. Well this article that i've been waited for so long. I need this article to complete my assignment in the college, and it has same topic with your article. Thanks, great share. Baby Wipe Warmer

    ReplyDelete
  6. I appreciate everything you have added to my knowledge base.Admiring the time and effort you put into your blog and detailed information you offer.Thanks. best wipeable changing pad

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello, this weekend is good for me, since this time i am reading this enormous informative article here at my home. infant

    ReplyDelete

A penny for your thoughts...